Saturday 9 May 2009

Briefly surfacing...


Sorry for the silence again. Life has just been so busy that I don't know where the past few weeks have gone. However we are well and thriving. Work has been manic. I know, particularly given the infamous global recession, that I should be glad about this - and I am. However I've been working long hours so also feel like I've been putting the rest of my life on hold.


Being aware of this, Steva & I decided to go on a "date" this afternoon and we headed to Springhill which is a National Trust property about 30 miles from where we live. It was delightful! We had such a lovely afternoon, touring the 17th century house and gardens, eating a cream tea and wandering around. It even stopped raining... Then we came home and I cooked a lovely dinner using skills learned on my recent cooking course. Aaah, happy day!

No comments: