Friday 24 April 2009

Wooden spoons at 50 paces



Hi there


I hope you are all set for the weekend.


I have had a fairly frenetic week, particularly in the last day or two (not helped by a 7.30am meeting this morning) so am really looking forward to doing something different.


When I feel stressed one of the things I love to do is bake or cook. Honestly I just love it. I'm not an amazing cook (and would confess presentation is not my strongest suit) but I'm not awful either. It's a happy little arrangement.


Anyway this weekend I am off to a cookery school for 2 days to learn some "Summer Entertaining". I am so excited!! It's situated in the beautiful Co Fermanagh lakelands at at a place called Belle Isle . The only sad thing is that I don't get to see my lovely husband until Sunday (he'll be at home supervising the builders who are still sorting out the garden, more of which another time...). However I have promised him amazing meals from now on. What a lucky young man!

2 comments:

lislynn said...

Sounds like fun! Is it just recipes and cooking, or some decorating and general hostessing tips as well?

Joy said...

That sounds so cool. I'm jealous :)