Friday 13 February 2009

The Wonder of Simple Things

Phew, what a week. Nothing particularly exciting happened but it's just been so tiring and draining being back at work a full week having had the luxury of a holiday and the chance to potter and sightsee.

When I was little, I used to try and do a new or exciting (well, exciting to me) each day. Sometimes I would lie in bed at night thinking of what I had done that day for the first time and counting my blessings. Often these things weren't that amazing per se. I mean it's probably not that world changing to have, let's see... come first in a Physics test or made your first batch of fairy cakes all by yourself but I am sure you can see where I am coming from. As with a lot of childhood things I grew out of this habit which is a shame because I think it's good to find pleasure in the simple things of life.

It's definitely time to re-invent the things of childhood which is what I am going to. So from now on, each evening, I am going to try and think of at least one thing that I have done or experienced that day which has given me a kick. I know I do thank God each day for His goodness to me individually and to Steva & me as a couple but sometimes my prayers are a bit general and not specific so I think I will try and build this new regime into my quiet times too.

Here goes...

What did I do today which gave me that childhood thrill...?

Oh, I sent my sister a Valentine's card (signed - I don't like her to think a game's being played on her) telling her I love her; my husband bought me seafood risotto for dinner which is a favourite of mine (and not of his, the sweetie); I managed to get to bed at about 8pm and had the happiest time snuggling up with Steva, reading the paper and just chatting about stuff. How cool is that?

Go on try it....

Edith xx

No comments: