Friday 9 January 2009

Stepping out into a new world...

Hello world!


This is my very first post... and I really do not know what to say or do, which is pretty unusual given I am not usually stuck for a word or two.



Anyway I wasn't very sure about all this blogging, although I do try and read some of the stuff that friends post. However I stumbled across a BRILLIANT blog (it's on my favourites - C Jane Enjoy It) and I got hooked. I have never met this girl (I've never even left a message telling her I'm a fan) but every few days or so I go and check and see how she's getting on. It's a bit weird. It's also quite cool. I mean here I am in Belfast, Northern Ireland, thinking about finishing a week's work and sorting things out for the weekend and CJ is across the Pond doing her thing and having her life. I know all about her (well, the things she posts!); she doesn't know I exist so I thought it was maybe time to redress the balance. Let's see if I stick at it....



So what's in a name? Well I wasn't sure what to call my blog and also I had to think of a name quite quickly so went for two of my favourite things. Mind you at the moment I have a sore toe so new shoes are not ideal and, after all that Christmas snacking, I probably shouldn't eat cake ever again but I'm sure you get my drift... Already you know quite a bit about me. I LOVE (like really love and please don't tell my husband how many pairs I have) shoes and I also get a kick out of cooking and baking. By day, I work in an office and am pretty busy and have to get through a lot of "stuff". In a way I find baking very therapeutic. I'm not that spectacular at art but I feel that when I cook I find a vent for my creativity.

I think that's enough musings for the time being. Let's see where this blogging journey takes me....

No comments: